Enterprise Application Administrator
The position of Enterprise Application Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, administration, and maintenance of enterprise-class hardware and software. The individual will be required to maintain IT Systems and applications and help improve internal business applications through project management and workflows. Performs and maintains a variety of duties consistent with the efficient workflow of a radiologist. Works closely to assist the radiologist in the effective interpretation of exams.
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time per policy with predictable regular attendance. Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
- Takes all reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information, ensuring compliance with HIPAA mandates.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal communications in dealing with all others. Recognizes and respects differences in the work place. Demonstrates openness, sensitivity and commitment to the coworkers, patients, family members, and any other visitors to Medford Radiology Group (MRG).
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety and infection control into daily activities. Maintains current knowledge of disaster policies and participates appropriately in disaster drills. Expresses and applies principles of body mechanics to prevent injury and accidents.
- Displays consistent commitment to customer service and team work. Displays personal behavior that has a positive impact for the team.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to staying current in field of knowledge, expanding knowledge and skill, and contributing to organizational success.
- Displays ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
- Attends staff meetings, completes education program as requested or approved by MRG.
JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
System Analysis, Design, and Project Management
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats
- Perform quality assurance as well as coordinate testing environments required to minimize risk of negative impact into the production environment
- Engage in project management, performing needs analysis, determining critical paths, and establishing timelines for project completions
- Interface with vendors during project survey and selection phase, and engaging vendor support teams to perform maintenance and troubleshooting as needed
Enterprise Application Administration (General)
- Install and configuring new hardware and software
- Provide advanced technical support (tier 2 and /or tier 3) for both hardware and software issues
- Ongoing maintenance of physical and virtual server systems
- Support and administration of enterprise applications to ensure the highest level of availability and performance
- Daily systems monitoring including analysis of system and application logs
- Ongoing security analysis and design
- Ensuring parity between development, test and production environments
- Storage management, provisioning and capacity planning
- Business Continuity and Disaster Preparedness design and testing
- Maintain daily business continuity efforts, to include backups, verification and restoration of server systems
- Documenting system configuration and changes
- Periodic system performance tuning
- Train colleagues on application functions and duties to minimize single points of failure
- Write or modify basic scripts to resolve performance problems and automate systems administration task
- Application of operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Assist with, and resolve help desk requests
- Provide backup support for other applications as needed
- Installing and upgrading database servers and application tools
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Modifying database structures and stored procedures as needed
- Monitoring and optimizing database performance
- Database backup and recovery activities
- Generate various reports requiring direct database queries
- Managing and monitoring data replication
- Assists with linking webservers to database systems
Radiological System Administration
- Administer DICOM and HL7 infrastructure
- Administer workflow list applications to optimize radiologist efficiency
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of PACS equipment including image workflow, archiving, auto-routing, and prefetching
- Work closely with partners, corporate managers, and medical imaging personnel to oversee and coordinate strategic planning for medical imaging initiatives
- Oversee activities of vendors in all phases of installations, upgrades and administration of PACS/RIS systems
- Other related duties as required
Backup Network Administration
- Assist with workflow analysis, access, information, and security requirements
- Assist with the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of network equipment
- Monitor availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency
- Assist with troubleshooting network problems escalating them to vendor when necessary
- Assist with securing network by developing network access, monitoring, controls, and evaluation
- Assisting with defining network policies and procedures
- Assist with the installation and implementation of security programs
- Junior-Level: AA in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study, industry related certification or 3 years similar experience
- Mid-Level: BA/current industry related certification or 5 years similar experience
- Senior-Level: BA/current industry related certification or 8 years similar experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to integrate complex information using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Can identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Will respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Able to communicate and influence change effectively in both written and oral form.
- Treats others with respect, keeps commitments and upholds company core values.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Excellent listening ability with a willingness to accept constructive criticism and feedback.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for keeping up with current industry information.
- Desire to expand knowledge, skill and ensure contribution to organizational success.
- Must adhere to the standards of patient confidentiality as outlined by HIPAA.
- Able to meet challenges with innovation and motivation to overcome obstacles.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Specific experience with SQL,zVision, Laurel Bridge, PowerScribe, Fuji Synapse, or Mirth preferred.
WORKING CONDITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, bend, reach, crawl, kneel, stoop, bend, climb, balance
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity, talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, hot or cold
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts, loud noises and high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals, infectious/bloodborne
Thank you for your interest. Please submit your resume via email at email@example.com.