Our mission at Medford Radiology Group (MRG) is to provide exceptional diagnostic and interventional imaging services to improve the quality of life for everyone we serve.
The Clinical Receptionist duties include clinical scheduling, greeting and checking in patients, telephone management, registration, copay collections, prior authorizations, patient phone calls, patient account management and cash and end-of-day closing procedures.
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time with predictable regular attendance. Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
- Takes reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information, ensuring compliance with HIPAA mandates and company policy.
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety into daily activities. Maintains current knowledge of disaster policies and participates appropriately in disaster drills. Expresses and applies principles of body mechanics to prevent injury and accidents.
- Displays consistent commitment to customer service and team work.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to staying current in field of knowledge, expanding knowledge and skill and contributing to organizational success.
- Displays ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
- Attends staff meetings, completes education program as requested or approved by MRG.
- Manage patient lobby while maintaining professional standards, and ensure that all interactions between the provider, staff and patients run as smoothly as possible.
- Create and maintain a daily scheduling protocol for outpatient clinic.
- Answer and direct phone calls as primary contact.
- Patient registration
- Distribute incoming faxes and mail
- Cash drawer management
- Manage Referrals from regional healthcare providers
- Patient phone calls for follow-up
- Performs other related duties as required
High School diploma or equivalent
2-3 years of recent healthcare experience working directly as front office staff or scheduling assistant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Positive attitude with high aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Strong EMR working knowledge and desire to become functional with several other EMR systems.
- Knowledge of insurance billing process.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Windows and Office products such as Outlook.
- Understands compliance of HIPAA, confidentiality and risk management on the state and federal level.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Able to work confidently, professionally and effectively with physicians.
- Able to multi-task with a great deal of attention to detail.
- Able to adapt to a changing environment while maintaining workflow and process continuity.
- Able to follow detailed procedures and directions.
WORKING CONDITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequently required to stand, walk and sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- On occasion, may work around airborne particles, bloodborne pathogens or toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions, heat and cold
Thank you for your interest. Please apply now at: https://medfordradiology.applicantpool.com